Saturday, January 2, 2010

Leaf Art

So last month there was a huge storm in San Diego in which the wind declared war with the trees. Let us just say that the wind was beyond victorious. The next day there was leaves, tree bark, and other parts of the trees laying on the ground in utter defeat.

I took advantage of all the leaves on the ground and decided to draw on them. My room was filled with all the fallen parties of the battle and I would even find leaves in my bed!

Here are the results:

On this leaf I tried to keep natural patterns and nothing super structured. It is hard to tell in the picture but behind the leaf is actual tree bark I had collected.



Same with this leaf, all the textures are all organic shapes. And when I framed this, I tried really hard to keep the natural flow and feeling of the branch as if it was still hanging off a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...